Photos by: Brodie Porterfield
Written by: Brodie Porterfield
Sometimes you just want your sandwich to tell you everything’s going to be ok. This sub-shop favorite can haul all your troubles to the curb.
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Set aside the bread, cheese, marinara and Italian seasoning.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into 1.5 inch balls, and space one inch apart on a foil-lined and cooking-sprayed 9-13 pan.
- Bake uncovered 18-22 minutes to 160 degrees internal.
- As the meatballs approach completion, heat a small amount of marinara on the stovetop.
- Cut the baguette along the top to make an opening and stuff with meatballs.
- Dress with marinara and shredded cheese. Broil to melt the cheese.
- Start smiling.