Photo by: Brodie Porterfield
Certain tastes transport the mind into another place. Whether the perfect bite of crispy fried chicken takes you back to a childhood memory or a sip of hot chocolate brings the warmth of Christmas by the fireside, these feelings seem to insist that our minds and tastebuds intermingle to create joyous connections.
Every time I drink a dirty martini, I imagine myself seaside on a brisk, spring day. The briny taste of olive juice lightly tickles my palate, reminding me of the salty water, and I breathe in the fresh, crisp air.
My husband and I created a tradition of having martinis before sushi when we were dating, and to this day, the two seem inseparable.
Whether you enjoy this drink with sushi, other fares, on its own, by the sea, or in the comfort of your own home, the cooling, luscious taste of the dirty martini provides a luxurious drink’s-length vacation for your taste buds.
- 1 part Vodka
- 2 parts Vermouth
- Ice (A lot)
- A splash of Manzanilla olive juice
- Manzanilla Olives (to taste)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with lots of ice.
- Add vermouth and vodka to your cocktail shaker and shake vigorously until the side of the shaker appears frosted.
- Strain vodka and vermouth into the glass of your choice.
- Add a splash of manzanilla olive juice and garnish with as many manzanilla olives as you would like.
- Enjoy responsibly!