Photo by: Brodie Porterfield
Recipe by: Kelley Porterfield
Shawarma Spice Ingredients (You can also buy this pre-blended to save time.):
- 1/8 tsp. clove
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. cinamon
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sumac
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic or 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ginger or use 1/2 tsp. ginger paste
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional: chili powder (to taste)
Lamb patty ingredients:
- 1 oz. ground lamb
- A hefty scoop of shawarma spices
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of wheat flour
Special Sauce (optional)
- If making shawarma spice, stir all the spices into one spice mixture.
- Blend Shawarma spices and all other lamb patty ingredients with your hands and form 4 patties.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hrs.
- Cook patties in a cast iron or similar pan over medium heat, occasionally flipping until they reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the lamb cooks, blend Mayo, lemon zest, and lemon juicee for the special sauce.
- Add peppers (if using) to the hot pan and char quickly before adding them to the burger.
- Serve patties, special sauce, and charred peppers between toasted hamburger buns.